This is such a fun , yet busy time of the gardening season as progress can be noted every day!
Notes from my north-woods garden:
- I am continuing to harvest herbs, which I enjoy using fresh in our summer meals. I have been continuing to dry herbs in our dehydrator to use in the kitchen and for use in my soap making escapades. I am also making some herb infused vinegars.
- We are starting to find - and enjoy - ripe cherry tomatoes. I am finding other larger green tomatoes in the garden too.
- The pickling cucumber and pie pumpkin vines are spreading, flowering and starting to bear fruit.
- I am finding pea pods, which are getting eaten as quick as they grow.
- I'm continuing to harvest bunches of kale, which I am either using, dehydrating or blanching and freezing.
- And the raspberries! This is our third year of these berry plants and it is the first year we are harvesting a significant amount of fruit. We are picking every day - eating, freezing and I just made my second (and last) batch of raspberry jam.
How is your garden growing?